Non-Contact High Voltage Detector
The AEMC 275HVD (2131.12) Non-Contact High Voltage Detector is designed to detect the presence of high voltage without physical contact. An 8-position rotary switch selects the detection range. As the sensor is moved closer to the voltage carrying conductor, its sensor head picks up the radiated electric field. Once the threshold is reached, the buzzer sounds, and a bright red warning light alerts the operator of live conductors.
The Model 275HVD is powered by three standard Alkaline C cell batteries and can be used both in- and out-of-doors. A universal spline on the back-end facilitates attachment to any standard hot stick. A self-test position ensures that all circuitry and annunciators are working properly before use.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Voltage Detector Product Features:
- Detects the presence of high voltage without physical contact
- Wide detection range from 80V to 275kV suitable for numerous applications
- Eight switch-selectable voltage sensitivity ranges
- Lightweight construction minimizes sway at the end of long hot sticks
- Provides audible and visual indication of live voltage
- Self-test ensures all system functions and indicators are working properly by energizing the complete system
- Designed for use with hot sticks incorporating a shotgun adapter
- Powered by three standard Alkaline C cell batteries
- Works on unshielded cables only
Voltage Detector DOWNLOADS
|Dimensions||17 × 12 × 6 in|
45 to 70Hz
240V, 2kV, 6kV, 11kV, 22kV, 33kV, 132kV, 275kV
Bright red LED and audible buzzer
Non-contact. Selection range is detected at approximately 10" (25cm) from the voltage. Greater detection distances can be obtained at lower voltage positions.
3 x 1.5V C cell batteries (included)
5° to +130°F (-15° to +55°C)
-4° to +150°F (-20° to +65°C)
0 to 93% at 104°F (40°C)
EN 61010 clause 8.3
EN 61010 clause 8.4
EN 61010 clause 8.2
Your Opinion Counts!
We really want your feedback on the products we sell at Tallman Equipment. If you’ve used any of the products we sell (whether you bought them from us or not), leave a review on our website. After writing just 3 reviews, you can receive a free Tallman t-shirt.