TENSION PULLER SWITCHING TOOL
This tool permits a live overhead distribution line to be cut preventing service interruption while the work is being performed. It may also be applied whenever a disconnect switch is needed for temporary sectionalizing. Maximum ratings 35 kV phase to phase, 600 amps. 4,000 lb line tension
Contact us if you have any questions.
TENSION PULLER SWITCHING TOOL
Tension Puller Switching Tool combines line-tension disconnect switch with Epoxiglas® insulated tool as above. Weathered polymer skirts are bonded to 1.5"-diameter pole. The compression clamps secure switch hot parts to pole. Bypass stud (.5"-dia.) at each end of switch accepts 3"-wide jumper clamps. Copper switchblade with silver-plated contacts opens to 90˚, or 180˚ with stop pin removed. Galvanized hooks are provided for operation by load break device. With handling rings, this tool may be operated by either hotline tools or rubber-glove techniques. Illustrated instructions give procedures for installation, operation, and maintenance. Hotline jumpers installed on conductor and tool’s bypass studs create a parallel circuit. The conductor is securely restrained before the cut. The long tail is clamped back onto itself. A portable load brake device may be used to open switch. For additional recommendations, refer to ANSI C37.35 IEEE Guide for the Application, Installation, Operation, and Maintenance of High Voltage Air Disconnecting and Load Interrupter Switches.
- Tested per OSHA & ASTM F711
- For line tension up to 4,000 lbs. with manual hookstick switch
- Maximum ratings: 35 kV Ø-Ø, 600 amps continuous, 150 kV BIL
- Permits a live overhead distribution line to be cut
- By bearing the mechanical load, it helps create a parallel circuit
- This averts service interruption while the cutting and related work are performed
- May be applied wherever disconnect switch is desired for temporary sectionalizing
- Tool is properly rated concerning line tension, continuous current, BIL, and system voltage
- Applications that require cutting a conductor include: Deadend-structure construction, Overhead switch installation on a structure, In-line switch installation
- Combines two Chance products: Epoxiglas® insulated tension puller and LTD® line-tension disconnect switch
- For this special tool, weathershed skirts of a tough, lightweight polymer have been bonded to the tension puller’s 1-1/2"-diameter Epoxiglas pole
- At both skirt ends, a locating pin aligns a compression clamp to secure switch hot parts to pole
- A bypass stud (1/2"-dia.) added at each end of switch accepts clamps up to 3" wide
- Rigid, H-frame copper switch blade opens to a standard 90°, or to 180° with stop pin removed
- Contact areas are silver-plated for high conductivity
- Galvanized-steel hooks are provided for use with a portable loadbreak device
- For easy opening and icebreaking, pull ring (1-1/4"-dia. eye) activates latch as a pry-lever
- Hooks on ends are fixed and do not swivel
- Safety latch on hooks has a spring-loaded gate able to rotate 135 degrees left or right from closed position
- Selector lever on ratchet wrench is extra large for easier operation by hot line tools
TENSION PULLER DOWNLOADS
|Dimensions||72 × 6 × 6 in|
Your Opinion Counts!
We really want your feedback on the products we sell at Tallman Equipment. If you’ve used any of the products we sell (whether you bought them from us or not), leave a review on our website. After writing just 3 reviews, you can receive a free Tallman t-shirt.